- On December 6, James Galbraith gave a brief address to a gathering of Génération-S, Cirque d'Hiver, Paris.
- On October 28, James Galbraith and Edward Conard debated over inequality on Al-Jazeera.
- On November 1, James Galbraith gave a talk to the Briscoe Center on American History on his experience of the year 1968, in Prague, Chicago and Paris, as well as Haifa and London.
- On October 29, James Galbraith gave a keynote at a teach-in seminar at the University of Vienna on the European crisis.
- On October 26 in Florence, James Galbraith gave comments at a conference on “Inequality, representation, participation,” at the Scuola Normale Superiore, Palazzo Strozzi.
- On October 24, in Jena, Germany, James Galbraith gave a keynote lecture on his book, The End of Normal.
- At an October 17-21 conference on “States of Exception” at the University of Iceland, James Galbraith gave a keynote entitled: "We have met the enemy and he is us. Emergency politics in America under Trump."
- On October 16, James Galbraith gave a synthetic lecture on John Kenneth Galbraith at the Ural State University of Economics, Ekaterinburg, Russian Federation.
- On October 15, James Galbraith gave comments on regional development at a conference at the Ural State University of Economics, Ekaterinburg, Russian Federation.
- On October 9 at the Moscow School of Economics, James Galbraith gave a talk on the political and economic situation in the United States.
- On October 8 – 14 in Moscow, James Galbraith gave three lectures on the life and economics of John Kenneth Galbraith, in a single series delivered at three separate universities:
- On September 5, James Galbraith gave a keynote lecture to The Southern Center for Inequality Studies, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
- On June 20, James Galbraith gave testimony to the parliamentary commission of the French Sénat on civil service reform.
- On April 10, James Galbraith gave a keynote to the Association for Institutional Thought, meeting in San Antonio.
- At the Eastern Economics Association, Boston, March 3, James Galbraith gave the inaugural Godley-Tobin Lecture, entitled, “A Global Macroeconomics of Income Distribution and Inequality.”
- At a conference on monetary policy at the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank, March 2, James Galbraith spoke on inequality and American politics.
- On January 7, James Galbraith delivered a paper entitled "Tax Cuts, Economic Growth and the Neoclassical Model: A comment" to a session of Economists for Peace and Security on Trump and Domestic Security. Read here. Listen here.
- On January 7, James Galbraith delivered a paper entitled "The Great Financial Crisis and The End of Normal" to a session of the Association for Social Economics on The Financial Crisis After Ten Years. Read here. Listen here.
- On January 6, Economists for Peace and Security honored James Galbraith at their annual dinner at the Allied Social Science Association Meetings in Philadelphia. For his remarks, listen here.
- On January 5, James Galbraith delivered a paper entitled "Pecuniary Valuation in the Time of Trump" to a session of the Association for Social Economics on The Democratic Crisis and the Responsibility of Economists. Read here. Listen here.