- Interventions économiques had an interview with James Galbraith on inequalities, poverty, emerging market and development.
- On October 28, James Galbraith and Edward Conard debated over inequality on Al-Jazeera.
- On October 13, James Galbraith presented on "Inequality: What Everyone Needs to Know" to the Windham World Affairs Council in Brattleboro, Vermont.
- James Galbraith delivered a talk on the reality of social and economic inequality at Fitchburg State University on Oct. 11, 2016.
- On October 1, James Galbraith gave a keynote lecture via remote video to the congress of the International Peace Bureau, meeting in Berlin. The lecture may be viewed on the EPS web-site at here.
- James Galbraith features in a program produced by "Upstream" entitled "Betrayal and Solidarity in Greece".
- On September 16, James Galbraith gave a keynote speech entitled "Secular Stagnation in the Year of Clinton and Trump" to the Post Keynesian conference at the University of Missouri Kansas City.
- Wenjie Zhang's paper entitled "The Evolution of China’s Pay Inequality from 1987 to 2012" has been recently published on the Journal of Current Chinese Affairs, Vol.45, No.2.
- Hyunsub Kum has been promoted to tenure at Seoul National University. While at the LBJ School from 1998 to 2004, Hyun was a mainstay of the University of Texas Inequality Project, and co-author of our key paper on estimating gross household income inequality from measures of inequality in industrial pay. He joined the Graduate School of Public Administration at SNU in 2006 and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2011.
- UTIP working paper No.73 has been produced recently. The paper is entitled "A Comparison of Top Income Shares and Global Inequality Datasets".
- James Galbraith delivered a keynote speech "Inequality: A Macroeconomic and Global View" to the New Zealand Association of Economists annual meeting on June 29, 2016.
- James Galbraith participated in an [interview on Pacifica (KPFA) re Brexit], which was released on June 20, 2016.
- James Galbraith's new book, entitled Welcome to the Poisoned Chalice: The Destruction of Greece and the Future of Europe, has been published by Yale University Press. French edition, Crise Grècque, Tragédie Européenne has been published by Le Seuil. Review by Lyric Hughes Hale.
Interviews on the French edition: L'Humanité Dimanche, Les Inrocks, France Info, France Inter, BFM TV, RTBF, A l'Encontre.
- James Galbraith's new book, entitled Inequality: What Everyone Needs to Know, has been published by Oxford University Press.
- On June 14, 2016 James Galbraith gave a lecture at the University of Iceland, entitled “The Rise of Inequality and the Fall of Greece.”
- On June 1, 2016 James Galbraith gave a keynote to a conference of the ISIGrowth research project, in Brussels, Belgium.
- On May 26, 2016 James Galbraith spoke to a commission on the economic prospect, of the French Sénat.
- On May 19 and 20, 2016, James Galbraith spoke on two occasions at the Likhachev conference of St. Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences. Here is the first and here is the second intervention.
- James Galbraith participated in an [interview by Andrew Mazzone of the Henry George Institute], which was released on May 4, 2016.
- UTIP working paper No.72 has been produced recently. The paper is entitled "A comparison of Latin America inequality data sets".
- UTIP working paper No.71 has been produced recently. The paper is entitled "Exchange Rates and Industrial Wage Inequality in Open
- Starting February 18, 2016, James Galbraith was drawn into a debate over the growth projections associated with the Sanders economic program. Here are some of the relevant links:
- On Jan. 6, Bloomberg had an interview with James Galbraith on whether raising interest rates was a good idea.
- On Jan. 3, James Galbraith participated an EPS panel entitled "The Crisis of Austerity" at the 2016 Allied Social Science Associations (ASSA) annual meeting in San Francisco.