Fall Semester 2008:
- James Galbraith's recent interview with the Mainstream Media Project. Listen here for more details.
- James Galbraith's recent commentary on the Washington Independent is here.
- James Galbraith talked with Bloomberg's Betty Liu about the prospects for a U.S. fiscal stimulus plan on Dec. 10, 2008. See here.
- James Galbraith's recent appearance on Reuters' video is here.
- James Galbraith's recent appearance on Yahoo Tech Ticker -- "How the 'Experts' Missed the Crash: Philosophical Flaws, No Sense of History".
- James Galbraith's recent appearance on Yahoo Tech Ticker -- "The Good News and 'Very Disturbing News' of Zero-Yield Treasuries".
- James Galbraith's recent appearance on Yahoo Tech Ticker -- "Advice for Obama: $1T Stimulus Needed to 'Keep Economy from Collapsing'".
- James Galbraith's Mother Jones article, "Stimulus is for Suckers" is now available here.
- Huffington Post has now published James Galbraith's comments at the LBJ Centennial conference here in Austin on December 4. For details, see here.
- James Galbraith's recent interview with the Russian periodical Tema Nedely is here.
- James Galbraith's November 19 interview on Al Jazeera's Riz Khan show may be viewed here.
- James Galbraith's appearance on the NewsHour on Nov. 25, 2008 to discuss the Federal Reserve's latest efforts may be viewed here or listen to here.
- James Galbraith's keynote speech at the Campaign for America's Future conference on "Real Investment in America" at the Library of Congress in Washington on Nov. 18, 2008, is available in audio at here.
- James Galbraith's book talk and current politics on Morning Joe, on Nov. 13, 2008, can be found here.
- James Galbraith's interview with Handelsblatt was published on Nov. 13, 2008, can be found here.
- James Galbraith's comments on the WHYY program "Radio Times" on Nov. 10 can be heard here.
- The Predator State hit #32 on the New York Times Non-Fiction best-seller list this week. Check here.
- James Galbraith gave an interview November 7 to Matthew Bell on President-elect Obama's prospective Treasury Department appointment and financial policy choices. Listen at here.
- James Galbraith's lecture at the Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis at the New School in New York on the evening of October 20, on The Predator State and on the financial and economic crisis can be found here.
- Morning discussing the BOE's and European Central Bank's decision to cut rates and what President-elect Obama needs to for the economy, with James Galbraith, University of Texas; Michael Darda, MKM Partners and CNBC's Steve Liesman on CNBC can be found here.
- James Galbraith's brief comments on the first steps Barack Obama on the BBC 4 Today program, November 6, 2008 can be found here.
- James Galbraith's lecture 10/27 at Chapman University on The Predator State can be found here. (Internet Explorer only)
- James Galbraith's interview with Deborah Solomon in the NYT Sunday magazine, November 2, 2008 can be found here.
- James Galbraith's debate with McCain supreme economic adviser Kevin Hassett on Obama and McCain economic plans can be watched here.
- Web-site Announcement: welcome to the official web-site of The Predator State.
- Listen to James Galbraith's talk at the Texas Book Festival, November 2, 2008 here. The Q&A is here.
- Listen to James Galbraith at the New America Foundation, October 6, 2008, with commentary by Mark Schmitt and Barry Lynn. Check here.
- James Galbraith was interviewed with Bill Moyers about the causes of the economic crisis and his new book. Check here.
- According to Amazon rankings four hours after the Moyers show, JKG and James Galbraith are both in the top 10 nonfiction bestsellers in the country at the moment. Check here for more information.
- James Galbraith is on the Public Radio Internationl's Marketplace (Check here and listen to the radio part.) as well as Bill Moyers' Journal on PBS on Oct. 24, 2008.
He is also on the BBC World Service front page at the moment. Check here for the audio.
- Here is an interview of James Galbraith on the presidential election in the Business Matters.
- Ben Friedman's review of The Predator State is in the current New York Review of Books. Check here.
- James Galbraith's brief article "Plan" in the Harper's Magazine can be found here.
- James Galbraith's long radio interview on France-Culture, on the economics of JKG and related issues can be found at I, II, III.
- The Politico published an article on John Kenneth Galbraith and his postwar liberalism. The article called "Twin giants of postwar liberalism" can be found here.
- More coverage of James Galbraith's comments on the financial crisis in the NYT on October 19, 2008. For details, check James Galbraith lets loose and The Guys From ‘Government Sachs’ .
- James Galbraith's comments on the financial crisis in the American Statesman can be found here.
- The Toronto Globe and Mail published an article about James Galbraith's pilgrimage to the farming settlement on Lake Erie's north shore where his late father, John Kenneth Galbraith, the U.S. liberal icon, was born. For details, check here.
- James Galbraith made a comment in the National Journal on October 16, 2008. For details, check here.
- The New York Times has a review of The Predator State, September 28, 2008, here.
- Coverage of James Galbraith's comments on the financial crisis, in The Daily Telegraph,
The New Republic and here,
The Kansas City Star,
Business Week and here,
the Miami Herald and other McClatchy papers,
the Huffington Post and the Paradise Post, September 25-26, 2008.
- The Columbia Journalism Review has an article on media coverage of former Senator Phil Gramm.
- The Silicon Valley Metro published a review of James Galbraith's The Predator State on September 25, 2008. For more, check here.
- James Galbraith's op-ed published in the Washington Post on September 25, 2008 can be found here.
- James Galbraith's interview with The New Republic on September 23, 2008 can be found here.
- The American Prospect refers James Galbraith and William Black's article "Trust but Verify" as further reading. See here for more.
- Ken Silverstein wrote an article called "Six Questions for James Galbraith on the Financial Crisis and the Bailout" in Harper's Magazine on September 24, 2008.
- James Galbraith and William Black publish a practical guide to drafting the bail-out bill in The Nation on September 23. See here for English version.
A version in Spanish was published on September 24 in Vanguardia (Barcelona). Check here.
- James Galbraith was invited as a guest in an hour's debate with Kenneth Rogoff -- "On Point", NPR, September 23. See here for more details.
- UTIP Working Papers No.51, No.52,
No.53 and No.54 have been produced recently.
- James Galbraith's commentary on BBC Radio 4's Today program on September 20 can be found here.
- James Galbraith's interview with CounterSpin on September 18, 2008 can be found here.
- James Galbraith quoted in the Boston Globe on the Financial Crisis, September 17. For more details, see here.
- James Galbraith quoted in the Washington Post, column "On Faith", September 16. Fore more details, see here.
- James Galbraith interviewed on Bloomberg TV, September 16. Check here.
- James Galbraith interviewed on NPR's "To the Point" with Warren Olney, September 16 (about 28 minutes in). For more details, see here.
- James Galbraith interviewed on Air America, the Thom Hartmann show, by Carl Wolfson (halfway through, or so). See here for more details.
- James Galbraith interviewed on CBC, "As it Happens," September 16, 2008. Check here.
- "Campaign for the American Reader" reports on James Galbraith's reading list, including Dante and Cabeza da Vaca, here.
- James Galbraith's interview on Biz Radio with Mike Norman on September 16th can be found in five parts:
- The Washington Post has a brief review of The Predator State, September 14, 2008, here.
- Kathleen Dunn of Wisconsin Public Radio interviewed James Galbraith on The Predator State on August 20, 2008. The program can be heard here.
- James Galbraith's Milton Friedman lecture, "Colapso del monetarismo e irrelevancia del nuevo consenso monetario," has just been published in the inaugural issue of Ola Financiero, a new journal from UNAM, Mexico City: Numero 1, Septiembre-Diciembre 2008, 1-17. Available here.
- The Predator State was reviewed in USA Today on September 7, 2008. Check here for more details.